Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held by The Broke and Bookish that asks readers to tell their top ten picks for the given list each week.
This week's topic: Top Ten Books I Resolve to Read in 2013
Happy New Years everyone! I know that sometimes I definitely have books that I really want to read, but never end up getting to. These are the top ten books that I seriously don't want to forget this year.
The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson- I've been wanting to read this book for ages. My best friend recommended it to me forever ago (I think it was around March-ish 2012) and I just never really got around to reading it.
2. Wither by Lauren DeStefano- another one I've been meaning to read for quite a while.
3. Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brian- I've heard this series is great and can't wait to read it.
4. Enclave by Ann Aguirre- Well, for those of you who do not know, I write a pretty good bit. But rarely do I ever stick to a single story line. I usually abandon most of my novels by Chapter 5, merely because I get tired of writing them, the idea is similar to another book, or I think up something better. Well, this story kind of piques my interest because my best friend told me that it was very similar to a story that I was writing before. It made me definitely want to check this book out, and I just haven't yet.
5. Reckless by Cornelia Funke- I loved the Inkheart series and I can't wait to try out some more of her writing.
6. The Two Towers, The Return of the King, and The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien- Well, I think it goes somewhat unsaid that any self respecting reader should read the LOTR series and the Hobbit. I started and finished The Fellowship of the Ring this year, but set it aside after that to take a breather. I want to finish these books this year.
7. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi- Yet another one I planned to read ages ago but never got around to.
8. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons- I've heard this book is phenomenal, and I definitely can't wait to see what all they hype is about.
9. Cinder by Marissa Meyer- Growing up, Cinderella was always my favorite princess. Now, there's a Cinderella story with a YA twist? I'm in. I've heard it's great and I cannot wait to read this one.
10. Last, but not least of course, is Speechless by Hannah Harrington- I had this book on my TBR list long before it came out, patiently waiting for it, but sadly, it came out after I started this crazy school year and took a small break from reading. Now that I'm back, I definitely can't wait to read it!
So, these are the top 10 for me, but believe me, there are many, many more. Do you have a top book that you are going to read in 2013?
Peace out Girl Scouts!