Monday, December 31, 2012

End of the Year Book Survey- Part 2


Hey everyone! Time for part two of the survey.  To see part one, click here


Book Blogging/Reading Life in 2012

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2012? 
 -Well, I'm brand new to Blogger this year, so all the blogs I saw were new.  But some of my favorite blogs that I've found are...
Check all these blogs out! They're awesomesauce. 

2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2012? 
 -Definitely Legend by Marie Lu.  I had so much fun writing it, and I think it was one of my funnier ones.
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
-Not really sure on this one.  Most of my book discussions happened in person with my best friend or on Goodreads.
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
-Once again, I've got no clue.  I didn't really bookmark things like this.
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
-I really liked the Top Ten Tuesday meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish.  I know that that's a pretty common meme, but I really had fun writing them and felt a little more connected to the Blogger community when I started them.
6. Best moment of book blogging in 2012?
-The moment I finally got my blog set up and Blogger figured out.  I think I started dancing around my room out of sheer joy.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
-In both comments and views, The Maze Runner by James Dashner was by far my most popular review.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
-Well, there are probably a few, and I really want my blog to become better all around, but if there was a single review out of 2012 I wish more people had seen, I'd probably say it'd be one of my more recent reviews, Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale.  There weren't a ton of views on that one, and no comments, but I really liked the book and felt pretty proud of the review.
9. Best bookish discovery (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
-Gotta be Goodreads. Wow, hard to believe I've only been a member since March.  I'd seen it before, but never really took interest or set up an account until this year, and was totally disappointed in myself for not doing so before now.
10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
-Well, if you count the 2012 Goodreads Reading Challenge, then yes.  Originally, I had set my goal for a measly 35 books or so.  Maybe even less.  I can't really remember.  But I eventually set it for forty, and in the end, I ended up reading 48.  Not a huge total, but I was pretty proud of it and hope to grow next year.

Looking Ahead…

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2012 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2013?
-I definitely want to read The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson.  I had looked forward to reading this for so long, but I never really got around to it.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2013?
-This one is a tie between Requiem by Lauren Oliver, (Unnamed third book in the Divergent trilogy) by Veronica Roth, and Mind Games by Kiersten White 
3. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2013?
-This year, I want to reach (fingers crossed!) 100 followers! :)
I also want to do my first self-hosted give-away.

Well, that's it for 2012!  Happy New Years everyone :)
Peace out Girl Scouts!
-Maggs









No comments:

Post a Comment