Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (#1)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme held by The Broke and Bookish that asks readers to tell their top ten picks for the given list each week.

This week's topic: Top Ten Characters I'd like to switch with for 24 hours.



1.Tris from Divergent- Do I even have to explain? She gets to spend every day in the Dauntless faction doing crazy, exhilarating, and, for lack of a better word, dauntless things!  Not to mention Four.  24 hours hanging out with that boy would be amazing. But seriously, the fast-pace of everything would be stinking amazing.
2. Meggie from Inkheart- *SPOILER ALERT- Don't read this one if you haven't read Inkheart.* Meggie can read herself into the stories that she reads.  If I could read myself into a story, then I think I would be happy forever.  End of story.
3. Susan from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe- Ok, I think Susan kind of gets labeled as "not really exciting" in comparison to Lucy, but come on.  Narnia, and archery.  Yes. Yes. Yes. Plus, just because I trade with her doesn't mean that I have to have her attitude. I'd be loving Narnia!
4. Kelsey from Tiger's Curse- Even if we put aside the obvious (how much I love Ren and Kishan), lets face it: Kelsey's life is pretty stinking interesting.  Signs up for a job in the circus and ends up being able to travel to India and go on all sorts of adventures with the guy she loves.
5. Tally Youngblood from Uglies- Be best friends with Shay.  Travel to the smoke.  Be awesome.  Yeah, pretty much.  PLUS, David. He's one of my favorite characters eveeerrrrr.  Love him.
6. Lena from Delirium- I just love her.  She falls in love in a society that forbids it, travels to the Wilds and back into the city limits, and does even more awesome stuff in Pandemonium (won't say anything- spoilers). But basically, she's awesome, and I love Alex.
7. Meg from A Wrinkle in Time- Travel the Universe? Yes, please.
8. Eragon from Eragon- I WANT A DRAGON.
9. Cassia from Matched- She's just awesome.  Basically, she's taking the parts of her life back from the Society that she wants, and she doesn't care what they say about it. And for those of you who've read Crossed, you know just how awesome this girl is.
10. Jonas from The Giver- It'd be pretty awesome to be the only one in your town that has the memories of the past, of history.  Sure, it comes with pain, but it also comes with joy.  What is happiness without a little bit of pain, after all?  The Receiver is the only one in that community who really gets to live life, so if I had to be anyone in that book, it'd be him.

So, if you could switch with any character for 24 hours, who'd it be?

11 comments:

  1. I watched Inkheart recently, which makes me *really* want to read the books now. I'd love to be able to read myself into books, too!
    Meg is one of my favorite literary characters, but since I used her for last week's top 10 (her childhood bedroom from A Swiftly Tilting Planet was on the vivid settings list), I opted to not use her this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, you have to read the books! They're so much better than the movie. And completely different at that. Reading Inkheart is like reading an entirely different story-line.
      And yes, I love Meg too! That series is a really good one. I love L'engle.

      Delete
  2. I always wanted to be Meg Murray. I thought it was so cool that we had the same name! And Meggie from Inkheart has an awesome gift. Lucky girl! Here are my picks http://wp.me/pzUn5-18E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love both of those characters! And your picks are really cool too :)

      Delete
  3. Susan was always my favorite and what a great choice in Meg. Fun list today. kaye—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish Susan would have gotten into Narnia in The Last Battle. It was so sad. :( And yes, I really enjoyed this week's list!

      Delete
  4. We agree on Meg Murry. Tally--YES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2 and #7!! Great blog :) Found you through bookblogs. I'm following you now!
    I would love it if you could visit a fellow new blogger at http://aviddreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I chose Maggie as well. Susan was my favorite Narnia character until the Last Battle. I'm still mad at C.S. Lewis for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was definitely heart-breaking! I was mad, but I understood why C.S. Lewis chose to do it. It was still insanely sad though.

      Delete
  7. Great choices! I definitely agree with Tris & Susan. I'd love to visit Narnia. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete