Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#1)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine that asks bloggers to feature books that they are ever-so-eagerly waiting for.

Top of my waiting-for list this week:

Requiem by Lauren Oliver
Publication date: March 5, 2013

Snippet from Goodreads: 
Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight. Of Pandemonium, ALA Booklist noted that “like all successful second volumes, this expands the world and ups the stakes, setting us up for the big finale.”

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.


The first two books in this series were AMAZING, so I can only imagine how awesome this one's going to be.  

What are you guys waiting for this week?

10 comments:

  1. What a great pick-- same one that I picked :-) Can't wait to see what she'll do with this book! Lauren Oliver rocks!

    New follower via GFC.

    Hope you'll stop by my new blog, Ensconced in YA!
    http://cahreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks good! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great series. Great Pick.. :)

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=2972

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never got round to reading pandemonium because after the end of Delirium - with Alex - I knew it would break my heart!

    New followerr :)

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omigosh yes I neeeeed this one! The ending to Pandemonium killed me!!! :O I'm sure this will be a phenomenal ending to this great trilogy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I need to read Pandemonium still, but I'm looking forward to a conclusion. :)

    I love Lauren Oliver's writing.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a wonderful pick, I'm looking forward to it too, but have two different books spotlighting on my WoW this week.
    Katja @ YA's the Word

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pick! I am dying to read Requiem! I seriously cannot wait for it to come out!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! Who isn't waiting for this one right!? :)
    WoW at Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower. Nice pick. Still need to start this series, but I do like that cover. Come visit me if you can.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete